[General] Most Adorable Article (till this minute).

Eyewitness rushes child to hospital, offers gold chain for treatment

Mid-Day.com | Updated: July 12, 2012 15:06 IST

Source: http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/eyewitness-rushes-child-to-hospital-offers-gold-chain-for-treatment-242609

Mumbai: A 12-year-old school-going boy was luckless enough to get hit by a speeding biker, but was fortunate to be found by a good samaritan, who took him to hospital and even deposited his gold chain with the doctors as collateral for the medical expenses.

The incident took place at Jitendra road near DJ High School at Malad on Tuesday around 7 am. Meet Shah, 22, was on his way to college when he saw a biker come and hit a boy on a bicycle. Instead of helping the victim, the biker fled from the scene.

"I took the boy to a clinic in an auto and admitted him for treatment as he was still unconscious. I was in a hurry, as I needed to get to my college for some project work, but was also concerned about his health. I handed my gold chain worth Rs. 60,000 to the doctor and also my mobile no. I got my chain back in the afternoon and the victim's family thanked me profusely," Shah told MiD DAY.

Heart of gold
"We are very grateful to him as he took Kashyap to the clinic for treatment at the right time. He also gave his gold chain to the doctor, which no one else would have done. My son currently has pain in his right leg and hand," the victim's father said.

"The biker escaped to avoid police action. The victim was injured and that youth took him to a doctor for medical care," said Ronak Savla, a witness.

"Initially, I was angry about his act, but later realised that not only has my son helped save a life, but has also set a good example for others. I am proud of him," said Bipin Shah, Meet's father.

Meet Shah is a first-year Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM) student at Nagindas Khandwala College. He stays at Bhupendra Niwas, Jitendra Road, Malad.

As the victim's injuries were not serious, no police complaint has been made.

 

 

May god bless Meet shah with “success & gud health” for his priceless act of kindness.

 

GS Virdi

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Money Speaks

Gur Ka Darshan-Ucha Dar Babe Nanak Da

The Signs - Are they "The One" for you, Finding the chemistry