Ebola, a threat to our existence

What do u know about this word “Ebola”?

Some know it as a disease which killed 1000s in Africa, some with better information said it’s a virus due to which a person die with high fever. What else?

From past few days I was feeling very uneasy about this thought, and so I'm sharing this all with u. I’ll tell u why I’m putting my time writing about Ebola.

In this age of Internet u need not bang ur head to search for any information, but those who are not able to be online are the one who really needs to be informed. I’m sharing this in an effort to help all those by giving u this information so that u can share it with confidence.

It is highly alarming to note the way it spread, the speed with which it spread, the way the symptoms kept changing in various observations at different places (country), the way it is able to handle medicines….. makes me accept the fact that Ebola is very intelligent virus, I strongly believe that Ebola virus will become more intelligent with time. Ebola virus by adapting to the changing environment will soon be able to stand-up to counter medicines available till date, which is an alarm to not only humanity… it’s a threat to life of all primates also. For information… Primates are mammals living on trees like apes, baboons, monkeys, etc.

If I’m not mistaken than most primates live in tropical or subtropical regions of the Americas, Africa and Asia. Which makes me conclude that Origin/Spread of Ebola virus have a very strong connection with climate of tropical or subtropical regions. If a simple person like me can think about this then I’m sure Somebody much intelligent than me much have tried (research) on to change the living conditions of a patient suffering from Ebola and monitor the progress very carefully. I’m sure Working on this line shall help.

About Ebola (Wiki):
The disease was first identified in 1976 in two simultaneous outbreaks, one in Nzara, and the other in Yambuku, a village near the Ebola River where the disease takes its name. Between 1976 and 2013, the World Health Organization reports a total of 24 outbreaks involving 1,716 cases. As of 26 January 2015, this outbreak has 22,136 reported cases resulting in 8,833 deaths.

First of all Ebola is not spread like cold/flu, it’s not airborne disease. Ebola spreads by direct contact with body fluids of the infected patient. Like saliva, (which includes sneeze & coughing), urine, stool, blood, semen, breast milk. According to wiki: Symptoms in other diseases like malaria, cholera, typhoid fever, meningitis and other viral hemorrhagic fevers may resemble Ebola’s Symptoms. The best possible and more important prevention is to keep urself away from getting in direct contact with body fluids of the Ebola patient. This also means that burring the body of dead patient infected with Ebola virus is still a source of continuous infection to others. The best way to burn/cremate the body.

But why I’m writing all this? Bcoz I’m worried…. Wiki says: No specific treatment or vaccine for the virus is currently available, although a number of potential treatments are being studied. Which means humans have be internally strong enough to handle and fight back this virus, otherwise no specific medicine is available to help u. Drinking slightly sweetened and salty water will surely help u stay hydrated, otherwise u’re already in danger.

Major reason of my worry is the continuous evolution of Ebola Virus, yes… like u and me this virus is also going to evolve. It can (I hope it will) become more intelligent, which means it will be able to adapt to weather, medicines in a much better way than today. This will threaten the existence of mammals on this planet.

Obviously many will call me fool to think about our existence, but I'm no more that irresponsible teenager, I'm grownup enough to care about humanity... not just myself.

Yes, I’m worried…

Rgrdz,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gur Ka Darshan-Ucha Dar Babe Nanak Da

When Money Speaks

The Signs - Are they "The One" for you, Finding the chemistry